A friend suggested listening to podcasts, and I did.
They opened up a whole new world of knowledge and learning for me. Why not share this world with my kids?
Benefits of podcasts
- Learning on the go
- Relatively low cost
- Complements visual learning and reading
- Learn pronunciations, vocabulary, sentence structure
- Encourages creativity as the child can imagine
- Helps to lay foundation for understanding non-verbal language e.g tone
- Kids do not need to look at something at close range
- Stories at night time can foster bonding between parent and child
My top tips for using podcasts:
- Keep it short – 3 to 5 minutes.
- Download when you have Wi-Fi connection to avoid extra data usage.
- As far as possible, listen with your child so you can have a conversation about the podcast later.
- You can, in fact, should, repeat the stories.
- For bedtime stories, choose podcasts that are more reflective as the kids should be winding down. This is a great time to share values with your child!
- Drive times are great for listening, so long as you operate the devices in a safe manner.
- Do you have other tips? Click HERE to share!
Some podcasts to get you started:
卉卉阿姨讲故事 （huihui ayi jianggushi)
鱼淼淼讲故事 (yumiaomiao jianggushi)
故事宝宝 （gushi baobao)
故事专栏 (gushi zhuanlan)
故事老爸 （gushi laoba ）
［宝宝爱故事］故事宝盒 (baobao ai gushi)
呼噜博士讲故事：幼儿趣味故事（hulu boshi jianggushi)
幼儿睡前故事 （youer shuiqian gushi）
* Do you know of other great podcasts? Click HERE to share!
– by Diana Ser